Roon Labs server made to according to Roon Labs specifications and your wishes
Glorious Sound builds High-Quality refined alternatives for the Roon Nucleus, based on the same platform and operating system. So save between 50% on 70 % on buying a Roon server.
Roon Nucleus alternative, saving you money
Both Nucleus models are build upon the Intel Nuc 7e generation platform, with the a custom CPU cooling integrated in the nice looking chassis.
Glorious Sound now offers a very nice looking, pre build fully configured Active or Passive Roon Servers based on exactly the same Intel NUC platform.
Which configuration do you need, Glorious Sound can make you all alternatives
- Intel NUC i3 (active or passively cooled)
- Intel NUC i5 (active or passively cooled)
- Intel NUC i7(only actively cooled)
The case can be passive like this :
Why would you need a passively cooled chassis like the Roon Nucleus for ROON
When you are thinking about a getting yourself a Roon setup, you probably also have High End audio equipment, which might already include Roon Endpoints like the Metrum Ambre.
If you plan to use the Roon Server with a Roon Ready endpoint you can just as well place the server outside the listening room.
So passively cooled is an option for setups where you need the server near your audio setup.
Help with choosing the right Intel NUC specification for ROON
There are a few considerations when you configure the right Roon Server for you:
- How big is your own collection of high resolution files. Do you have a 1000 albums or more?
- Although many Audiophiles do not have systems with advanced DSP systems, Roon offers really fun options to improve your listening. If you consider these options you should choose the more powerful I7 processor.
- What can you to with your Network in your house, and can switches with a linear PSU improve the sound?
What is the right intel NUC for ROON
Roon can be used with a MAC or Windows just like regular programs such as Office, Photoshop or dedicated Audio software like Audirvana and Jriver.
What sets Roon apart is the fact the made their own version of an OS ( operation system) called ROCK.
This operation system will probable run on most Intel Based PC’s, but you can also very well have compatibility issues.
Therefore ROON ROCK is developed and tested on specific hardware. (versions of the Intel NUC platform)
Glorious Sound has the experience and know how to quickly asses your situation and make a very cost effective Roon Nucleus alternative for you. ( Saving more than 50% compared to the Roon Nucleus)
How big is a Intel NUC
Well this picture give a good idea about the size
ROON workshops in Amsterdam, Haarlem, Utrecht
- Choosing the right hardware ( NUC server, Endpoints etc)
- Getting started
- Setting up your NAS, Network,
- New subjects will follow
- send your email if you want to hear about Workshop updates workshop( at ) glorioussound.com
I plan to update this post on a regular basis answering all kinds of questions.
Mail me at hello (at) glorious sound.com for more information or quotes
Free delivery on all Roon Server orders
Additional support available to help you get going with the setup of Roon in your own listening room.