Introducing the Dethonray DTR1 ”prelude” to Europe
Dethonray is gaining the attention of the Head-Fi community and Audiophiles all over the world with the DTR1 ”prelude”. The people behind this new brand already (co) developed many digital audio players, for different very well known brands in the past.
Some examples of the first experiences by reviewers
I was truly blown away with how clean and transparent is the sound.
The DTR1 sounds better to me than the AK240 and WM1A both of which are recognized as the DAPs to beat, and both of which cost nearly 3 times more.
The Dethonray approach
With such an extensive experience in developing components like the OS, GUI, power circuitry, digital part as well as amplifiers and complete Digital Audio Players, Dethontray choose a somewhat different approach.
At the Dethonray website, there is more in-depth information about these design choices like:
- Dethonray wrote their own version of a deeply-customized Linux OS audio sub-system, performing at 30% higher in efficiency than the ALSA audio sub-system.
- Advanced dual clean power circuitry to ensure Separate power for decoding and amplifying
- The Dethonray DTR1 is shielded from EMI disturbance by the beautifully precision-machined aviation grade, light-weight aluminum alloy body.
|DIMENSIONS||H100 W56 D16.4 (mm)|
|BATTERY ENDURANCE||10 hours|
|OUTPUTS||Line-out & Earphone|
|AAC，ALAC，AIFF, DFF/DSF, OGG|
|SAMPLE RATE SUPPORTED||44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz|
|MICRO CARD SUPPORTED||2T|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||20Hz – 20kHz|
|MAX. POWER OUTPUT||1.7Vrms+R：1.7Vrms+L (16Ω)|
What’s included in the box
- Dethonray Prelude DTR1 DAP
- wall charger
- DTR1 founder business card
- user manual